YouTube-DL is no more

DaveC davec2468 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 19:32:57 UTC 2020

The primary failure yesterday of youtube-dl gave this verbose output.

Dave
- - -
Daves-Mac-mini:~ davec$ youtube-dl -v -x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXawa90YU2s
[debug] System config: []
[debug] User config: ['--output',
'~/Downloads/youtube-dl/%(title)s.%(ext)s']
[debug] Custom config: []
[debug] Command-line args: ['-v', '-x',
'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXawa90YU2s']
[debug] Encodings: locale UTF-8, fs utf-8, out UTF-8, pref UTF-8
[debug] youtube-dl version 2020.05.08
[debug] Python version 3.6.10 (CPython) -
Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
[debug] exe versions: ffmpeg 4.2.4, ffprobe 4.2.4
[debug] Proxy map: {}
[youtube] RXawa90YU2s: Downloading webpage
ERROR: RXawa90YU2s: YouTube said: Unable to extract video data
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/opt/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/YoutubeDL.py", line 797,
in extract_info
     ie_result = ie.extract(url)
   File "/opt/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/common.py", line
530, in extract
     ie_result = self._real_extract(url)
   File "/opt/local/bin/youtube-dl/youtube_dl/extractor/youtube.py",
line 1820, in _real_extract
     'YouTube said: %s' % unavailable_message, expected=True,
video_id=video_id)
youtube_dl.utils.ExtractorError: RXawa90YU2s: YouTube said: Unable to
extract video data