macOS 11.1 SDK does not appear to be installed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 29 08:24:52 UTC 2020

On Dec 28, 2020, at 19:09, Tom Gederberg wrote:

> I updated my system to Big Sur and followed the MacPorts migration instructions and updated Xcode to version 12.3.
>
> However, when I try to build ports in MacPorts, I now get the following warnings.
>
> Warning: The macOS 11.1 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
> Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install’.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

There is or was a bug in macOS that deletes the CLT receipt. When this happens, MacPorts and Software Update can no longer determine what version of CLT you have installed. You should fix the problem by reinstalling the CLT. You may need to do so again periodically in the future until Apple fixes their bug. See https://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#reinstall-clt

A small number of ports may cause this warning to appear erroneously, even though the CLT and their receipt are properly installed, for example qt5 and its subports. See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/61736