odd problem trying to use Macports ...

Richard Bonomo TDS personal bonomo at tds.net
Wed Dec 30 02:28:00 UTC 2020

Hello!

My system runs MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).  I've used Macports for some time every now and again.

However, when I tried to use it recently, this happened:

******
$ port version
dlopen(/opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib, 10): no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
    while executing
"load /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/macports1.0/MacPorts.dylib"
    ("package ifneeded macports 1.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require macports"
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 38)
*******

So far, I've not been able to find an explanation or real fix for this.
(The same thing happens if I try to execute any other "ports" command.)

Anybody know what happened?

Thank you.

Rich
(Richard Bonomo)