odd problem trying to use Macports ...

Richard Bonomo TDS personal bonomo at tds.net
Wed Dec 30 20:57:16 UTC 2020

Dear Dave,

Thank you for the advice. I will see if I can implement it.

As to why people never update their systems:  it is simple:

"We" (i.e. "people") need a tool to do a specific, but rare (for us) thing.

We acquire the tool.

We do the thing.

We forget about everything while putting out other life-fires.

Another thing comes up some years later that requires a variation on the tool

Obtaining variation fails because years have passed and the system used to acquire such tools have changed.

We run around getting things to the point where tool variant can be installed and used.

We do the other thing.

We forget about everything while putting out other life-fires.

Cycle repeats at terminum vitae.

Sic transit gloria Mundi.

Rich