odd problem trying to use Macports ...

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Dec 30 20:20:32 UTC 2020

On Tue, 29 Dec 2020, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Downloading the current MacPorts installer for Sierra from our web site
> and running it should hopefully set things right again. This will not
> affect your installed ports.

If I may chuck in my 2c (plus sales tax), every Sunday I run "port -u
uninstall", then "port selfupdate" and "port upgrade outdated" on the
Monday (that gives me nearly a week for any problems to show up before I
do the "uninstall").

I've always been up to date :-)  And haven't been bitten yet...

The above is not an official recommendation; it's what I've developed over
the years, and so could probably be improved and/or corrected.

-- Dave, wondering why people never update their systems