Befuddled

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 15 14:18:42 UTC 2020

On Feb 15, 2020, at 00:22, Jeff Greenberg wrote:

> <main.log>
>
> Hi. After restarting my mac, localhost is refusing connections, and attempting to restart apachectl results in this error message:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 168 of /opt/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so into server: dlopen(/opt/local/lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so, 10): Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libicui18n.58.dylib\n  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/apache2/modules/mod_php72.so\n  Reason: image not found

This is https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59439

I guess you had not updated your ports in awhile, and just now updated from icu 58 to 65.

Below we see that rev-upgrade has correctly detected the problem and would rebuild the affected port, were it not for the problem rebuilding gtk-doc that interrupted it.

> Having had this error after upgrading gimp, I tried doing what I had to do then:
>
> /opt/local/bin$ sudo port upgrade icu -Rf

You should not be attempting to force things unnecessarily. And I don't believe you're successfully forcing anything, since single-dash flags like -f and -R must be placed between the word "port" and the command verb that follows it in order to have any effect.

> which yields the following:
>
> --->  Updating database of binaries
> --->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
> --->  Found 27 broken files, matching files to ports
> --->  Found 6 broken ports, determining rebuild order
> You can always run 'port rev-upgrade' again to fix errors.
> The following ports will be rebuilt:
>  avahi @0.7+gtk+gtk3+x11
>  graphviz @2.40.1+pangocairo+x11
>  php72-apache2handler @7.2.16
>  gimp2 @2.8.22+python27
>  boost @1.66.0+no_single+no_static+python27
>  sane-backends @1.0.27+avahi
> Continue? [Y/n]: Y

> --->  Building gtk-doc
> Error: Failed to build gtk-doc: command execution failed
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_gnome_gtk-doc/gtk-doc/main.log for details.
> Error: Problem while installing gtk-doc
> Error: rev-upgrade failed: Error rebuilding avahi
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
>
> The log file is attached.

The log says the problem is:

:info:build /opt/local/bin/ranlib: object: .libs/libtester.a(tester.o) malformed object (unknown load command 1)

But I don't know why. Maybe you need a newer cctools and/or ld64, possibly using the xcode/ld64_xcode variant. Or maybe those ports just need to be upgraded first; I think they were just updated to new versions a few days ago.