Befuddled

Jeff Greenberg listmail.ayendesigns at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 14:49:11 UTC 2020

Thanks, all. I did the following, which ended up eventually resolving the problem. Just want to make sure I did this correctly and that there wasn’t just a port fubar option that would have done it :)

First I used port dependents to find what was dependent on gtk-doc. Then I did port dependents on those, and eventually found quite a few ports that nothing was dependent on, so I uinstalled them in reverse order.

Then I finally got port upgrade outdated to run cleanly, but still no connection to localhost.

I then installed the apache2 port and reinstalled it, which completed cleanly. I received a message about enabling it for the first time, executed that command, and that went cleanly, but still no connection.

At that point, though, I could actually do a /opt/local/sbin/apachectl start and voila! A web server!!