MacPort's rsyncd error messages after changing ssh port

Artemio González López artemiog at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 19:32:23 UTC 2020

After changing the sshd port from 22 to a non-standard (high) number, I’ve noticed that my system.log is flooded with error messages like the following, coming from MacPort’s rsync daemon:

Feb 17 20:11:05 my-compuer-name com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.rsyncd[18457]): Service exited with abnormal code: 2

I tried to debug this problem executing "sudo launchctl debug system/org.macports.rsync --stdout —stderr” and got the following error message (which I don’t understand):

Configuration failed: 113: Could not find specified service
Could not find service "org.macports.rsync" in domain for system

rsync and port selfupdate work well, but as I said this is quickly filling up my log (at the rate of one message every 30 seconds or so). Could anybody tell me what’s causing this, and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my ignorance,

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
artemiog at mac.com