opensp fails to build ==> fix

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 06:59:31 UTC 2020

> On Feb 25, 2020, at 9:35 AM, Uli Wienands <wienands at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So trying opensp using clang 5 did work. In fact, it just pulled the binary that I guess Josh made; so thanks for that.
>
> But not all is well; resuming the rev-upgrade I now get stuck at boost. It is actually mentioned on the port page that it fails on 10.6. Per the log it seems to fail near the end running something called b2. I tried clang 5 again but no luck this time (probably to be expected since the compiles didn't seem to generate any complaints).
>
> Anyway; attached is the log.
>
> With many thanks,
>
> Uli

The error in the log shows this:

:info:build Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
:info:build   "___cxa_thread_atexit", referenced from:
:info:build       boost::context::detail::ecv1_activation_record::current() in execution_context.o
:info:build       boost::context::detail::ecv1_activation_record_initializer::ecv1_activation_record_initializer() in execution_context.o
:info:build       boost::context::detail::ecv1_activation_record_initializer::ecv1_activation_record_initializer() in execution_context.o
:info:build       boost::context::detail::ecv1_activation_record_initializer::~ecv1_activation_record_initializer() in execution_context.o
:info:build       boost::context::detail::ecv1_activation_record_initializer::~ecv1_activation_record_initializer() in execution_context.o
:info:build       boost::context::v1::execution_context::current() in execution_context.o
:info:build ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

If I’m right, you’ve been caught by the libcxx bootstrapping issue I have yet to fix.

Once you have 10.6.8 with libcxx installed, and then any version of clang >= 5.0, do this:

sudo port -v -n upgrade --enforce-variants libcxx +emulated_tls

and you should be good to go thereafter.

I have to either fix this somehow, put in in the port notes, or otherwise find a way to automate this step…

Ken