Using mps-youtube

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Feb 27 19:43:36 UTC 2020

On 27 Feb 2020, at 13:17, dan d. wrote:

> I have install it.

How?

I don't see a port named "mps-youtube" in MacPorts or any port that
mentions it in its info. Is mps-youtube part of some other port?

This is the MacPorts-Users mailing list. It is not a general F/OSS
mailing list.

> Now how does one activate it to view a youtube video?

This is a question which is probably best asked to an audience that
knows something about mps-youtube.

The README at https://github.com/mps-youtube/mps-youtube says that you
can install mps-youtube using Homebrew. Homebrew is not MacPorts. It's
not even a good idea to install software with both Homebrew and MacPorts
on the same machine.

> using mps-youtube in terminal does nothing
>
> Help- please.

I hope you can find help. Maybe ask on a Homebrew mailing list? Maybe
read the documentation?

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org