Local ports repository for non-standard prefix

Raphael Cohn raphael.cohn at stormmq.com
Tue Jan 14 09:52:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to get macports to use a local (file://) repository for a
macports installed in a non-standard prefix (in this case, a project local
macports, ie per user, per project) with a mixture of private and public
port files. I want to be able to build from source the first time, then use
a previously built archive for any subsequent operations. For example.
uninstalling and reinstalling a bunch of ports as the project evolves.

Ideally, I thought I could just create an entry in archive_sites.conf that
pointed to <prefix>/var/macports/software, but that doesn't work; adding
use of incoming/verified to point to a package in software (symlink)
doesn't work; signing with my own key doesn't work. I must be missing
something.

Is this even possible? All I ever get, for every attempt is

DEBUG: archivefetch phase started at Sun Jan 12 13:16:11 GMT 2020
Error: Failed to archivefetch bzip2: Binary-only mode requested with no
usable archive sites configured
DEBUG: Error code: NONE
DEBUG: Backtrace: Binary-only mode requested with no usable archive sites
configured
    while executing
"error "Binary-only mode requested with no usable archive sites configured""
    (procedure "portarchivefetch::archivefetch_start" line 11)
    invoked from within
"[ditem_key $ditem prerun] $targetname"
Error: See
/Users/raph/Documents/libertine/tools/reproducible/reproducible-macports/prefix/var/macports/logs/_Users_raph_Documents_libertine_tools_reproducible_reproducible-macports_source_macports-ports_archivers_bzip2/bzip2/main.log
for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port bzip2 failed

You can see some of my work here: