Local ports repository for non-standard prefix

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 14 22:25:18 UTC 2020

On Jan 14, 2020, at 15:42, Raphael Cohn wrote:

> When I uninstall the ports the archives are still present in var/macports/software.

Hmm. You've modified MacPorts base so that it does not delete the archives upon uninstallation?

> An overlay is an archive that can be extracted over an existing filesystem.

I guess I just don't understand the setup you're proposing.

> Regardless, how do I go about creating a local file repo of binary ports?

I tried adding this to archive_sites.conf; MacPorts did then try to find files in var/macports/software; perhaps this is what you want:

name my_source
urls file:///opt/local/var/macports/software