Local ports repository for non-standard prefix

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jan 15 09:51:39 UTC 2020

Raphael Cohn wrote:
> Regardless, how do I go about creating a local file repo of binary ports?

We have a how-to document on the wiki about this:
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/ShareArchives2>

It uses a web server, but it should be easy enough to adapt the
instructions to use a file URL instead. The other thing to watch out for
is that a source defined in archive_sites.conf will only be used if a
number of settings match those in the current installation: prefix,
frameworks_dir, applications_dir, cxx_stdlib, and delete_la_files. So
make sure those are defined if different from the defaults (the last two
probably aren't).

That said, based on your description of what you're doing, I wonder why
you can't just deactivate ports you're not currently using and activate
them when needed. That's what we do on our buildbot for ports that might
be needed by dependents later.

- Josh