PowerPC / 10.4 / 10.5

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:47:00 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:55 PM Jason Pepas <jasonpepas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just recently picked up a few PowerPC Macs and have been looking at Tigerbrew, MacPorts, Gentoo Prefix, etc, possibly to help out if I can.
>
> If there are any active 10.4 / 10.5 PPC users, I'd love to get in touch!

Another PPC hotspot is the Debian PPC mailing list at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/. Debian ports to the old
Apple hardware. I think nearly all of the traffic on the list is folks
resurrecting old Apple hardware.

The Debian PPC list is very active. A fellow named John Paul Adrian
Glaubitz took over maintenance of some packages, and the work is
moving forward in leaps and bounds.

If you like the old PPC hardware, then check this out for a wish-list
item: https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/. It's a POWER9 workstation.

Jeff