equivalent of ALT key

Agoston Bejo agostonbejo1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 06:04:38 UTC 2020

Hi!
When running applications that I have installed with port, how can I access
functionality I would access with ALT+somekey on Linux?

E.g.:
a)
[image: Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 7.56.25 AM.png]
--> here, how can I access the _F_ile, _E_dit, etc. menus with the
keyboard? Neither ctrl+f nor option+f nor command+f opens the File menu,
the same goes for all other such shortcuts

b)
[image: image.png]
--> the same with the buttons: neither control nor option nor command +
respective key (C/E/D) triggers any of the buttons

On Mac btw. when I type, option+<letter> creates these strange characters
(that I totally don't need btw.) like å∫ç∂´ƒ©˙ etc. etc. --> maybe this has
to be turned off somewhere? But where?

I can't just turn off the option key with Karabiner, becaus other software
(e.g., IntelliJ) makes heavy use of it.

Thank you!