Workarounds for cross compiling to Windows?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 01:13:38 UTC 2020

> So, the only important point here is whether you can write a portfile that
> doesn’t assume the target to be MacOS. If that’s possible, moving the code
> from my build scripts to the portfiles would be straightforward.

Perhaps you might check out, for one, the ming collection:

x86_64-w64-mingw32-binutils @2.34_1 (cross, devel)
    FSF Binutils for x86_64-w64-mingw32 cross development

x86_64-w64-mingw32-crt @7.0.0 (cross, devel)
    GCC cross-compiler for Windows 64 & 32 bits

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc @9.3.0 (cross, devel)
    The GNU compiler collection for x86_64-w64-mingw32

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-bootstrap @9.3.0 (cross, devel)
    The GNU compiler collection for x86_64-w64-mingw32

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-nothreads @9.3.0 (cross, devel)
    The GNU compiler collection for x86_64-w64-mingw32

x86_64-w64-mingw32-headers @7.0.0 (cross, devel)
    GCC cross-compiler for Windows 64 & 32 bits

x86_64-w64-mingw32-winpthreads @7.0.0 (cross, devel)
    GCC cross-compiler for Windows 64 & 32 bits