KDE windows (kalarm) -- un-switchable-to, un-clickable (unpredictably)

Agoston Bejo agostonbejo1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 22:52:54 UTC 2020

Hi!

I have managed to install kdepim4 on MacOS 10.14.6 (on a MacBook) to be
able to use Kalarm. I have come pretty far (jumped through the hoops
described at wiki:KDE <https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDE> so the window
content doesn't flicker anymore etc.).

Right now my problem is the following: it seems that the pop-up alarm
windows (and in general, all Kalarm windows) more often than not seem to
behave as if something was in front of them - they receive neither keyboard
nor mouse input. (If I switch to a completely different application then
back to the problematic window, that sometimes solves this and I can at
least close it -- but even then, they are not brought in front of their
parent window. I can always move them with the mouse though!)

E.g., in the screenshot I can't click on the edit window (which is a child
of the alarm window), nor on the alarm message window, nor on the main
Kalarm window (bottom right)

It would be great to solve these issues, because aside from these Kalarm
seems to work pretty fine!

System info:

my at machine:~/x> sudo port version
Password:
Version: 2.6.2
my at machine:~/x> sudo port help
my at machine:~/x> sudo port info kdepim4
kdepim4 @4.14.3_5 (kde, kde4)
Variants:             debug, docs

addressbook, organizer and groupware integration.
Homepage:             https://www.kde.org

Extract Dependencies: xz
Build Dependencies:   cmake, pkgconfig, automoc
Library Dependencies: qt4-mac, phonon, kde4-runtime, nepomuk-widgets,
kdelibs4, kdepimlibs4, kdepimlibs4-kioslaves, glib2,
shared-desktop-ontologies,
                      libassuan, kdepim4-runtime, link-grammar, baloo
Platforms:            darwin
License:              GPL-2+ and LGPL-2+
Maintainers:          Email: bjoern.ricks at intevation.de
                      Email: nicos at macports.org, GitHub: NicosPavlov
my at machine:~/x> sudo uname -a
Darwin adnmachu393.local 18.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 18.7.0: Tue Aug
20 16:57:14 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4903.271.2~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Thanks!