2nd try, Most recent version of mplayer

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 21 22:38:25 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 8:20 AM dan d. <dandunfee at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I used this suggested work around:
>
> port clean --work mplayer-devel>
>
> After getting additional error messages with ways to fix the issue, I
> finally saw what looks like a typical install of mplayer-devel.
>
> However it doesn't show up in /opt/local/bin nand trying to run it with
> mplayer-devel produces the bash "no such command"." error message.
> There is no man entry either.
>
> I tried uninstalling it, it looked like a typical uninstall. Anew install
> was typical again, but with the results above as though it did not exist.
> --
> Am I missing something obvious in this?

This port is in good health according to the on-line port summary.  Some
debugging is warranted.  I do not use mplayer, but I offer a few
suggestions.

1.  Check /opt/local/bin for variations on spelling of the mplayer
executable.  Check upper/lower case and variations on the suffix.

2.  If you saved a console log, or if you try another install, check for
earlier error messages that might point to the origin of your problem.

3.  Follow the procedures under FAQ #1, "A port fails to build".  Among
other things, this ensures that dependencies are working and up to date.

    https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#buildfails

4.  If #3 does not succeed, file a problem ticket as directed in #3.