TenFourFox-Intel -- current browser for older systems

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:36:12 UTC 2020

> Unfortunately true "feature parity" turned out to be too
> difficult to maintain for Cameron, so things like online banking by and
> large don't work anymore.
He's pretty close. Security is right up to date, TLS 1.3, he is no more than a few weeks behind at most on security patches from the FireFox tree. Amazing, really.

There are some new web features that are apparently hard to implement...written in Rust, I think, which as you know is not so functional on 10.4. The bank I use works great with TFF, I guess it doesn't use those web features. And amazon, ebay, youtube, macports, wikipedia, etc, etc, etc, all work normally.

GitHub does use some of them, as of last year, so it has a hiccup.

Cameron said he watched the entire Democratic debate on a G5 running TenFourFox, all 2+hours of streaming video, without a hiccup.

The intel version works very well for me, almost never crashes. Perhaps 95% of websites work as expected.

Ken