macports-users Digest, Vol 166, Issue 6

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jun 17 01:14:35 UTC 2020

On Jun 16, 2020, at 19:08, Thomas Bodlien wrote:

> I have set region to german and language to us english.
> Macports installs everything in german
> How can I fix this?

MacPorts does not vary what it installs based on the language or region you set in system preferences.

But many ports installed by MacPorts do have localization files so that they can work in whatever locale (language) you want them to. This is influenced by the LANG and LC_* environment variables. The terminal sets these to reasonable values based on your language and region preferences but you can override them in your shell startup files if you want.