Problems with PyQt5.QtWebEngine

Davide Liessi davide.liessi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:24:17 UTC 2020

Hi all.
I'm trying to create an application bundle for an application based on
PyQt, using MacPorts to get the dependencies.
I'm having some problems with correctly packaging QtWebEngine: in
particular the application bundle crashes with

dyld: Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui
  Referenced from:
/[...]/dist/test.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtWebEngineCore.framework/Helpers/QtWebEngineProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/QtWebEngineProcess
  Reason: image not found

and using install_name_tool in various ways did not work.

You can find more details (including a minimal example application) at
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2020-February/042566.html
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2020-February/042567.html

Can anybody have a look?

Cc to the maintainer of qt5 and the former maintainer of py-pyqt5
(Mark: I know you orphaned the port, I hope you are not annoyed by
this).

Best wishes.
Davide