suddenly, "-arch i386" is added and all fails: e.g. libsdl

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 15:05:35 UTC 2020

your troubles come from the fact that our dosbox port is old, and requires i386, and your xcode doesnt (easily) support i386.

I had almost updated dosbox to the 64bit version, but never finished off the update.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/57235

that would likely be the easiest fix for you.

otherwise you can downgrade to xcode 9 and the i386 builds will work again.

explaining how to make xcode 10 build i386 is more than I'm going to takle on this ipad :)

it is possible, though.

at this moment you're pretty pickled, and will likely have to uninstall everything and start fresh.

ken