installing patched okular: cannot open Portfile

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 19:57:51 UTC 2020

In order to get okular working, I’m following the instructions in https://trac.macports.org/ticket/60059#comment:8 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/60059#comment:8>.

This involves, among other things, creating a local port (okular2) in a folder under my own account, namely:

	~/macports/myports/kde/okular2

containing subdirectory files and Portfile, copied from the macports sources, but with Portfile edited per those instructions.

When I finally execute…

	sudo port install okular2

.. I get error message:

	Unable to execute port: Could not open file: /Users/murray/macports/myports/kde/okular2/Portfile

The permissions seem to be the same on my modified Portfile in as for the distributed Portfile in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/kde/okular, except that I am the owner, in group staff, of the former, whereas messagebus, with group ldap, is the owner of the latter. The permissions on my modified file are:

	-rw-r--r--@

What could be wrong?

Note that before attempting the install, I _did_ execute:

	cd ~/macports/myports
     port index

which did create file ~/macports/myports/kde/Portindex.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334