installing patched okular: cannot open Portfile

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:53:14 UTC 2020

> gives error:
>
> 	Unable to execute port: Could not open file: /Users/murray/macports/myports/kde/okular/Portfile
>
> Could it still be a permissions or ownership issue?

It is a permissions error. Although Chris and others seem to make this work, it has never worked for me to put a macports repo in my home folder. I don’t know why, and I gave up trying to fix it.

Just put it in /Users/Shared/MacPorts or, what I do, is put them all in /opt (but then you have to be careful with sudo, which I always am).

Ken