Misbehaving mysql57-server

John Korchok jkorchok at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:58:24 UTC 2020

With the addition of sudo, I get:

COMMAND PID USER    FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF                  NODE       NAME
mysqld         79  _mysql 10u unix   0x40bdd8b3f53719a7        0t0            /opt/local/var/run/mysql56/mysqld.sock

but there is still no sock file at that location. As I mentioned earlier, the mysql-error log does show the creation of the sock file on the last line after restarting.

Is there a process that might destroy it after it's created?

John Korchok