Login shell

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu May 7 19:34:32 UTC 2020

> there are large closed-source surface areas that you aren't going to be able to keep updated.

You have said that before, and I listened, but:

all my systems live behind a firewall, and none are exposed to the open web.
I don’t use any MacOS-era software to access anything outside the network. Only, really, MacPorts stuff (all with up-to-date security) and TenFourFox (also built with MacPorts stuff, also with all up to date security).

I just don’t see the vulnerability, TBH.

If you know of any, please give me an example. I don’t want to be stupid about things.

The time daemon, maybe? I heard there was something about that daemon, but it just checks Apple’s time server. I could replace that too, I guess...

Sincerely curious,

Ken