X11 no longer working

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Sat May 9 11:07:23 UTC 2020

> Am 09.05.2020 um 12:39 schrieb Richard Tobin <richard at inf.ed.ac.uk>:
>
>>> Launching X11 manually ./X11 is a good point. Did that and XQuartz
>>> appears in the dock. Firing then xclock on the Target doesn't do
>>> a connection. Silence. The xclock just hangs there.
>>
>> Does running xclock or other X clients locally work?

No. xclock also hangs locally.

>> If it does, X is listening on the unix socket as expected and the
>> problem must be with ssh connecting to it.  What X-related lines
>> does /etc/ssh/ssh_config have?
>
> Also, do ssh -v -Y and see what it says about X11 forwarding.

Have gone through the ssh connection already in previous posts.

What make me wonder is, when I’m looking at the process command line of the Xquartz process that there is a
-nolisten tcp (?!)

 6306 s003  S<     0:00.00 /opt/X11/bin/Xquartz :0 -nolisten tcp -iglx -auth /var/root/.serverauth.6258

Who is doing that?

—
Christoph