Processes getting wedged in "U" (uninterruptible wait) state after Security Update 2020-003

Prokash Sinha prokashs at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:27:54 UTC 2020

Hi Greg !

If you still have the recent update ( meaning you did not revert yet
), perhaps you can try into recovery boot ( At boot time  Command + R
). When you get to recover mode, somewhere in Utilities, you will see
the terminal -- try disabling it  ( $csrutil disable, then reboot ).

Yes, the security updates are gradually being pushed to MacOS since
10.12 ( before that time, hardly much security was there ). So
sandboxing, CSR, and a whole lot of authorization related stuff (
coming from BSD, after Darwinised).

I think if you disable CSR, it would work ( macports, brew, and other
common utilities can fail, and any binaries in 32 bit will cause havoc
).  Try finding the binary ( Bundle Types ) specially inside of your
macports directory ( somewhere /usr/... ).  $file <filename>. or some
command.

Usually all these 3rd party packages being updated to 64 bits.

Hope it helps!
~pro