macOS 11 Big Sur and MacPorts

John Chivian jchivian at chivian.com
Mon Nov 16 14:34:20 UTC 2020

My command line tools is the current version.  Apple has to be doing
this as part of component install the first time Xcode is started after
update, because I did not do the xcode-select --install manually.  It is
certainly possible that xcode-select may have a bug and not know if the
tools are current version, but I did get the current version as part of
the Xcode component installation.

Regardless of Apple's actual or perceived behavior, I would like to
thank the MacPorts maintainers for a job well done, even and especially
when Apple makes keeping the documentation up-to-date somewhat of a
challenge.