info

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:37:36 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 10:27 AM Giovanni Cantele
<giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it> wrote:

> Dear All,.
>
> I’m searching the web but I cannot find any response to the following question:
>
> is there any ongoing project for porting the whole macports staff on the new Apple silicon architecture?
> What happens to those who extensively make use of macports and have bought the recent released MacBook Pro running on the new processors?

There are several recent threads about support of the latest hardware
and software at:

  * https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2020-November/thread.html

I understand Macports is working through the issues as they encounter
them during testing before a release.

I'm guessing it is a bigger task than just supporting a new OS release.

Jeff