port select --set gcc not symlinking `cc` command

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 15 12:45:00 UTC 2020

On Oct 14, 2020, at 11:25, Ruben Di Battista wrote:

> Ok, thanks Ryan. Any specific show stoppers? Or the reason for not
> fixing it is just lack of time and low priority?

The only reason I know of why the bug has not been fixed is it requires revbumping all of the gcc ports that are a member of the gcc select group. This will mean a lot of rebuild time on the buildbot worker machines. Unnecessary build time could be minimized by combining the fix with updating several of the ports to new versions, but nobody who has performed updates of the gcc ports has taken it upon themselves to fix the bug as well at that time.