Weird GNUPLOT problem

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Sep 9 23:12:26 UTC 2020

MacBook Pro (early) with Sierra (all updates); can't be more precise than
that because "About This Mac" is no longer displaying anything (SMC reset
required?) since a reboot, but that's not my immediate problem.

Gnuplot Version 5.2 patchlevel 8    last modified 2019-12-01

When trying to save a graph (any graph) I get as far as "Save As" and I
get the dreaded spinning beachball instead of the file selection; I've
waited up to an hour before killing it by doing in AquaTerm.  This started
happening after my Monday "port upgrade outdated", so I'm guessing that I
now have a bad library somewhere as a result of the upgrade?  There were a
few library updates, as I recall...

I'm trying to figure out whether this is a Mac/Gnuplot problem or a user
error, so I'm wondering whether others have seen this before I report it
as a possible Gnuplot bug (but I can't see how it could be, because it
wasn't touched as such).

Thanks (and yeah, I have a few outstanding replies to follow up)

-- Dave