Protocol for updating wiki pages at trac.macports.org?

Jim DeLaHunt list+macports-users at jdlh.com
Sat Sep 26 03:04:13 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-08 09:14, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2020, at 18:24, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
>> Hello, MacPorts folks:
>>
>> Is there a protocol for making improvements to wiki pages at trac.macports.org beyond, "log in, press the edit button, and make the change"? I have a documentation improvement that will make my life easier, but I don't want to make a mess that someone needs to unwind.
>>
>> What I want to document is use of links of the form,
>> [changeset:bd5d6800828a3dcda1b65f3999fa748a365b168e/macports-ports] and
>> [changeset:bd5d6800828a3dcda1b65f3999fa748a365b168e/macports-ports link text here] .
>>
>> […snip…]
>
> Please do edit the wiki, but we probably should not edit pages (including WikiFormatting and TracLinks) that are part of the Trac default documentation, as I don't know what would happen when we update to a newer version of Trac.
> […snip…]

I made some changes. See thread, /[MacPorts] WikiFormatting modified/,
on Fri, 25 Sep 2020 19:55:25 -0500 and beyond, for a list of the
changes, and the issues presented by that.
<https://lists.macports.org/pipermail/macports-users/2020-September/048834.html>

If we continue the discussion in that thread, then it's probably better
not to continue this thread. Or vice versa.

Best regards,
        —Jim DeLaHunt