Weird GNUPLOT problem (but *not* just Gnuplot)

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Sep 13 21:48:08 UTC 2020

Hi Dave,

On 13/09/2020 10:07, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> It's not confined to Gnuplot, but pretty much anything that wants to
> save a modified file, such as TextEdit (such as my prescriptions,
> which for me is pretty much a matter of life and death).

TextEdit - as in Apple's own application supplied with the OS? In that
case, it looks dim and possibly unrelated to MacPorts itself.

The fact that you don't get some information in "about this mac" doesn't
look nice either.

Did you try a fresh reboot? open the console then and check if the OS
complains about something and keep an eye open when running TextEdit.

I don't use gnuplot, so can't help you there without some details.

Riccardo