jekyll installation and magic number error

Ippoliti, Emiliano e.ippoliti at fz-juelich.de
Mon Apr 12 22:42:13 UTC 2021

Dear macports users,

I have just installed jekyll via macports on my macbook (MacOS 10.13.6).
Before installing it, I run selfupdated and updated the outdated ports.
No errors or warning during the jekyll installation.

When I try to run jekyll I get the error message:

the file '/opt/local/bin/jekyll' has not the right magic number: expected Caml1999X029, got Caml1999X025

Do you know the meaning of this error?
I googled it but i still could not understand where is the origin of the problem and where to look for in order to solve it.

All the best,
Emiliano

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior