Trying to get macports running on my new M1 MacBook Air

Andrew Rohl andrew at rohl.id.au
Fri Apr 23 12:51:56 UTC 2021

I am trying to use MacPorts on my new air which is necessarily running  Big Sur 11.2.3. I have Xcode 12.4 and the Command Line Tools installed. I have installed via the installer and via source but I always get:

Warning: The macOS 11.2 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package by running `xcode-select --install'.

I have taken tried installing manually via Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_12.4.dmg but hasn’t fixed it. Despite the error, I have been able to install a number of things but gcc9 fails with:

--->  Computing dependencies for gcc9
The following dependencies will be installed:
 cctools
 gcc_select
 gettext
 gmp
 isl
 ld64
 ld64-xcode
 libgcc
 libgcc10
 libgcc9
 libiconv
 libmpc
 mpfr
 ncurses
 xz
 zlib
.
.
.
--->  Fetching distfiles for libgcc10
Error: gcc10 10.3.0 is not supported on Darwin 20 arm
Error: Failed to fetch libgcc10: incompatible OS X version
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_lang_gcc10/libgcc10/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port gcc9 failed

Seems odd to me that gcc9 needs libgcc10.

Not sure if these two are related but anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Many thanks

  Andrew