Scanning binaries segfault

Fielding, Eric J (US 329A) eric.j.fielding at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Apr 25 20:41:37 UTC 2021

I was running a `port upgrade outdated` (actually I had to add `and not py37-scipy` as that was not building), and when it finished upgrading ports, it started the usual “Scanning binaries for linking errors”. This step is crashing with a “Segmentation fault” after about 30%. Does this mean my ports database is corrupted or something like that? Is there a way to recover without reinstalling all the ports?  I am running “MacPorts base version 2.6.4” on Catalina.
Thanks,
                ++Eric