Error: Failed to build source-highlight: command execution failed

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Apr 30 17:31:02 UTC 2021

On 30 Apr 2021, at 11:48, tom eee wrote:

> The following is my terminal output for the clean/install commands you
> ask
> me to run.  Attached is the install config.log and main.log.

The config.log indicates a serious problem with your clang-9.0
installation:

> configure:4766: checking for C compiler version
> configure:4775: /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-9.0 --version >&5
> xcodebuild: error: '/opt/local/libexec/llvm-9.0/bin/clang' not found.
> /Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild fails with 17664 - Unknown error: 17664

Because the clang-9.0 port installs both /opt/local/bin/clang-mp-9.0 (a
shell script) and /opt/local/libexec/llvm-9.0/bin/clang (the actual
compiler binary, which is called by that script) it should not be
possible to get that error unless damage has been done to the clang-9.0
installation.

You should try to uninstall and reinstall clang-9.0, then try the
installation of source-highlight again.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org