MacPorts for High Sierra?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:29:35 UTC 2021

> On Aug 15, 2021, at 6:25 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
>
> I had to upgrade this old MacBook Pro (mid 2010) from Sierra to High Sierra to run some software that I needed, and now I find that MacPorts wants Big Sur which this thing won't run (and I can't afford a new one).
>
> So, is there an old version of MacPorts somewhere that runs on HS?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Dave

No — but there is a brand spanking new version of MacPorts that runs on High Sierra. I am in fact using it right at this second, and it works just great.

MacPorts doesn’t require BigSur; it runs on everything from Tiger PPC up.

Perhaps you didn’t find the right HS installer? Try this one:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/download/v2.7.1/MacPorts-2.7.1-10.13-HighSierra.pkg