MacPorts for High Sierra?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Aug 16 01:43:53 UTC 2021

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> No — but there is a brand spanking new version of MacPorts that runs on
> High Sierra. I am in fact using it right at this second, and it works
> just great.

OK.

> MacPorts doesn’t require BigSur; it runs on everything from Tiger PPC up.

https://everymac.com/mac-answers/macos-11-big-sur-faq/macos-big-sur-macos-11-compatbility-list-system-requirements.html

     System Requirements

     In marketing and technical documentation and elsewhere, Apple
     specifies that macOS Big Sur runs on these Macs:

 	MacBook (2015 and later)
 	MacBook Air (2013 and later)
 	MacBook Pro (Late 2013 and later)  <=====
 	iMac Pro (2017 and later)
 	iMac (2014 and later)
 	Mac mini (2014 and later)
 	Mac Pro (2013 and later)

 	Compared to the previous version of the macOS -- macOS
 	Catalina (10.15) -- macOS Big Sur (macOS 11) drops support
 	for the Mid-2012 MacBook Air; Mid-2012, Late 2012, and Early
 	2013 MacBook Pro; Late 2012, Early 2013, and Late 2013 iMac;
 	and Late 2012 Mac mini models.

> Perhaps you didn’t find the right HS installer? Try this one:
>
> https://github.com/macports/macports-base/releases/download/v2.7.1/MacPorts-2.7.1-10.13-HighSierra.pkg

I'll have a look; thanks.

-- Dave