Big Sur on M1 - bind9 named daemon don't run

FritzS GMX fritzs at gmx.net
Tue Aug 31 12:52:56 UTC 2021

> Am 31.08.2021 um 11:51 schrieb Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>:
>
> On Aug 25, 2021, at 02:00, FritzS GMX wrote:
>
>> after migration from my profile & apps from ElCapitan to Big Sur I reinstalled all the MacPorts programs,
>> bind9 are new compiled on my MacMini M1 too.
>>
>> But the named daemon don't run.
>>
>> All this commands don’t work:
>>
>> sudo launchctl load -wF /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.bind9.plist
>>
>> sudo /opt/local/bin/port load bind9
>>
>> sudo /opt/local/sbin/rndc reload
>>
>> What must I do that the named daemon runs?
>
> Why don't the above commands work? What happens?
>
> If you were expecting a process to be running after running those commands, and that process is not running, is it crashing? Is the OS creating crash logs in the usual directory? If so, show us one. Or, if no crash logs, does the Console indicate that the process is being restarted every 10 seconds and immediately quitting itself? Does the process write its own log file, and if so, does it contain anything explaining why it isn't staying running?

No, there are no inputs in the own bind9 logging files, no logging files available.

Named are allowed in the firewall.

/opt/local/var/run/named/session.key are available and have a actual timestamp

[code]
sudo /opt/local/sbin/rndc-confgen -a
wrote key file "/opt/local/etc/rndc.key“
[/code

named.pid are not seen on this path
[code]
dnssec-validation auto;

	pid-file "/opt/local/var/run/named/named.pid";
[/code]

Hint from
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html

[code]
sudo spctl --assess --type execute /opt/local/sbin/named
objc[15229]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[15229]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
/opt/local/sbin/named: rejected
[/code]

[code]
spctl --assess --verbose=4  /opt/local/sbin/named
objc[16419]: Class SPExecutionPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class AppWrapper is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class AppWrapperPolicyResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class AppWrapperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class SPLog is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class MIS is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class SPExecutionHistoryItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class SPExecutionPolicyItem is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class SPDeveloperPolicy is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[16419]: Class GKScanResult is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SystemPolicy.framework/Versions/A/SystemPolicy and /usr/sbin/spctl. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
/opt/local/sbin/named: rejected
[/code]

>> Ist that a way for BigSur 11.5.2 on a Mac mini (M1, 2020)?
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/ShareArchives2
>
> I'm not sure what the documentation about how to share archives between machines has to do with your present problem.

[logs]
Aug 31 13:49:00 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:49:10 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:49:20 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:49:30 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:49:40 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:49:50 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:50:00 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:50:11 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:50:21 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:50:31 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Aug 31 13:50:41 Mac-mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.bind9): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
[/logs]