Sandbox issues with Swift Package Manager

Andrew Udvare audvare at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:57:39 UTC 2021

I am testing out how to build Xcode-based packages that use Swift
Package Manager (SPM) and it seems even with 'hacks' to make Xcode not
do any downloading of code, there's still some network activity (or
something the sandbox is blocking) that I have not figured out.

Example port: https://github.com/Tatsh/ports/tree/master/aqua/eul

Try using this with `port -d destroot` to see everything. You will get
this error:

Resolve Package Graph

sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted

sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted

sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted

sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted

cannot update Package.resolved file because automatic resolution is
disabledxcodebuild: error: Could not resolve package dependencies:
   sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted
   sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted
   sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted
   sandbox-exec: sandbox_apply: Operation not permitted
   cannot update Package.resolved file because automatic resolution is
disabled
   fatalError

Thoughts on how this can be worked around? If anyone figures out what
these blocked operations were I'd be very interested in knowing.

Thanks
Andrew