Build servers offline due to failed SSD

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Feb 21 16:08:03 UTC 2021

We got through the winter storms but now there's a new problem. The SSD that the buildmaster VM is stored on and that boots up VMware ESXi is failing. I'm currently setting up a new ESXi startup disk and trying to find a temporary disk I can move that VM to to get us back up and running.

The long-term plan is to rewrite the build system to run under buildbot version 2. I already created a buildbot 2 VM on a new SSD last year but I haven't finished rewriting the configuration so we can't just switch to that yet.