qt5-qtwebengine on macOS 10.13, Xcode version

Davide Liessi davide.liessi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:45:35 UTC 2021

Dear Ken,

Il giorno sab 2 gen 2021 alle ore 19:10 Ken Cunningham
<ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> Right now, you could say the only immediate visible advantage of
> upgrading to Xcode10 is to build qt5-qtwebengine version 5.15.2 on
> 10.13

I decided to upgrade to Xcode 10.1.
I was able to install qt5-qtwebengine, but the build stopped several
times due to errors of the kind
ninja: fatal: posix_spawn: Too many open files
ninja: fatal: pipe: Too many open files
I adjusted the open files limit with ulimit, but kept getting these errors.
I resumed the build several times, it eventually succeeded and the
port seems to be working correctly.

Did you encounter this problem, too?
Do you think I can trust the installed port?

Best wishes.
Davide