XQuartz and xorg-server

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 19 02:58:06 UTC 2021

On Jan 18, 2021, at 04:56, Peter West wrote:

> I’ve removed XQuartz (again), and installed R and R-app from MacPorts. The R install warned me that
> Clang compilers provided by Xcode do not support OpenMP. Some R packages using OpenMP may require additional
>   flags in the Makevar file (e.g. data.table) to build. Please consult package documentation.
>
> I install.package’d data.table without whinging, then did the same for rgl. It built, but when I loaded the library, I was informed that
> This build of rgl does not include OpenGL functions.
>
> Looking around for mentions of OpenGL, I couldn’t se anything that looked like an OpenGL library.

I don't know anything about R or rgl. I tried "port search rgl" and I'm not sure if any of those are what you're referring to.

If you can provide an exact step-by-step list of commands to run to observe the problem, then I could try them on my system and see if I can figure out what needs to be changed.