How to cross compile Apple Silicon target under Intel Apple computer ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:08:16 UTC 2021

Ken,

I second you. My computer is ready to cross compile the whole digiKam
bundle for Silicon target.

Note : from scratch, compiling the bundle for Intel took around 8
hours on my Macbook Pro 2015. After installing low level dependencies
from Macports, i compile KF5 framework, digiKAm and plugins, and the
last stage is to relocate, cleanup, and package the bundle for
production. All is done mostly with cmake and top level bash scripts
written by me.

And I can confirm that cross compiling for Silicon under Intel is
currently broken to cmake port (:-)))...

My best

Gilles Caulier