Warning: invalid universal_archs configured (should contain at least 2 archs)

André-John Mas andrejohn.mas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:17:22 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have recently started getting the following warning:

"Warning: invalid universal_archs configured (should contain at least 2 archs)"

I have looked through the FAQ, a web search and what might seem to be relevant documentation, but I am not sure how to resolve this?

My operating environment:

  - 2019 16" MacBook Pro (Intel processor)
  - macOS 11.4
  - MacPorts 2.7.1

What I have done:

- Run `sudo port platform`, which gives:

  Warning: invalid universal_archs configured (should contain at least 2 archs)
  Platform: darwin 20 i386

- Run `sudo port -d platform`, which gives:

  Warning: invalid universal_archs configured (should contain at least 2 archs)
  DEBUG: Copying /Users/ajmas/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
  Platform: darwin 20 i386

- Tried modifying `/opt/local/etc/macports/macports.conf` adding the following, but no change in behaviour:

  build_arch arm64 x86_64
  universal_archs arm64 x86_64

Can anyone help me here? It is not causing me any apparent issues installing ports, but it would be good to know how to address this.

Thanks in advance

Andre