'doctor' script

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 20 06:07:01 UTC 2021

On May 20, 2021, at 00:05, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> is there a 'doctor' script that walks over all installed MacPorts
> ports and checks whether its dependencies are installed, too?  In
> general, what's the right action(s) to thoroughly check the integrity
> of a MacPorts installation?
>
> I have forcibly uninstalled some ports by accident, and due to using
> mosh I can't scroll backwards to see which they are...

sudo port rev-upgrade

https://man.macports.org/port-rev-upgrade.1.html

MacPorts also runs this automatically every time you install or upgrade a port, unless you've disabled that functionality.

There's also

port diagnose

which was intended to be analogous to Homebrew's doctor.

https://man.macports.org/port-diagnose.1.html