'doctor' script

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri May 21 11:51:47 UTC 2021

>> is there a 'doctor' script that walks over all installed MacPorts
>> ports and checks whether its dependencies are installed, too?  In
>> general, what's the right action(s) to thoroughly check the
>> integrity of a MacPorts installation?
>>
>> I have forcibly uninstalled some ports by accident, and due to
>> using mosh I can't scroll backwards to see which they are...
>
> sudo port rev-upgrade
>
> https://man.macports.org/port-rev-upgrade.1.html
>
> MacPorts also runs this automatically every time you install or
> upgrade a port, unless you've disabled that functionality.

Thanks, but it seems to check binaries only, not packages.  In
particular, it seems to not check Perl or Python package dependencies.

So: Is there a command (or a simple shell invocation) to walk over all
packages to check whether all dependencies are fulfilled?  I suppose
that `sudo port upgrade outdated` doesn't do this for efficiency.

> There's also
>
> port diagnose
>
> which was intended to be analogous to Homebrew's doctor.
>
> https://man.macports.org/port-diagnose.1.html

Thanks again.

    Werner