Variance Handling Question

James Secan james.secan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:15:53 UTC 2021

I’m moving to a Big Sur system, and since I don’t use Xcode for anything I manually download and install the CLI tools by themsleves.  I installed v12.5.1 as per the info on the MacPorts wiki (https://trac.macports.org/wiki/XcodeVersionInfo) about which Xcode goes with which macOS.  Now the softwareupdater is nagging me to update to v13.0 (along with the already annoying nag to update to Monterey).

I am assuming that this upgrade to CLI toolkit v13.0 is not a good idea until I move up to Monterey.  Is this correct?  If so, is there some way to may the softwareupdater stop the nagging?

Jim
3222 NE 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
(206) 430-0109